by MAPSA, on Feb 20, 2020 2:19:26 PM
As seen in the New York Times, Washington Post, and Forbes, DreamWakers is a national nonprofit that connects classrooms to real-world professionals via free video conferencing services. Serving students in under-resourced schools, DreamWakers links entire classrooms directly to exceptional role models working across a variety of industries in the public and private sectors.
Each virtual session, called a “flashchat,” lasts 45 minutes and is designed to shed light on the real-world applicability of learning, while at the same time empowering students to prepare for personal and professional opportunities. DreamWakers' speakers work at places such as: CNN, Google, Nike, the State Department, and the White House, to name a few. Speakers are selected so they can relate to the diverse background of your students.
Educators report that DreamWakers' video chats provide a one-of-a-kind edtech forum for student enrichment through inquiry-based learning. The Q&A portion of each flashchat allows students to pose thoughtful questions pertaining to classwork, college or careers, all while gaining meaningful knowledge about professional etiquette and career development.
How does it work?
DreamWakers understands the demanding and hectic schedules that educators face, and we aim to make the process as straightforward as possible. A typical flashchat lasts about 45 minutes, conveniently falling within most class periods. Because the chat is virtual, advance preparation is easy, and each step is led by a DreamWakers representative. There are five simple steps to setting up a flashchat:
- Complete our application form
- Host a Technology Test. A DreamWakers representative will get in touch to schedule a technology test and help with classroom setup.
- Schedule a Flashchat. Work with a DreamWakers representative to schedule your chat.
- Classroom Preparation. Once your chat is scheduled, review the provided speaker bio and subject-based DreamWakers lesson plans with your students, if applicable. We provide the lesson plans and send them directly to you!
- Host the Flashchat. Follow the steps your DreamWakers representative gave you to host a successful chat!
|Contact Person:||Celete Kato|
|Address:||1069 Thomas Jefferson St. NW|