This isn't an ordinary workplace
At MAPSA, our seven-person team works relentlessly to drive innovative public education reform through strategic advocacy, communications and outreach. Every member on staff plays a critical role in our day-to-day, and we count on each other for the kind of creativity, innovation and hard work that powers our exciting ideas. If you love a challenge, go the extra mile, and prioritize building strong team relationships, this might just be the place for you.
Current job openings:
The position is responsible for the implementation of MAPSA’s grassroots and coalition strategy using social media and other innovative platforms to build and mobilize an expansive base of charter supporters. Working collaboratively within MAPSA, this person will implement and coordinate associated activities around the state, working to engage and equip others to take action at the right time.
As MAPSA’s Outreach Coordinator, in a typical day you might:
- Coordinate engagement work with our partnering entities to strengthen the position of the charter movement
- Implement our in-person and digital engagement strategies and, with the help of the MAPSA team, build and maintain a large, mobilized base of charter supporters, across the state, who consistently take actions on key charter school issues
- Coordinate recruitment efforts and organize the training of a team of key “Charter Champion” volunteers that can and would respond at a moment’s notice to negative press, legislation or general anti-charter public school claims
- Schedule and attend coffee hours for/with parents to meet with lawmakers
- Manage legislative meetings, tributes, and distribution of educational materials
- Organize and track legislative outreach
- Work with the MAPSA Communication team to track digital school outreach engagement (i.e. comment and engage with schools/parents on social media to identify and recruit advocates, track activations and website visitors, etc.)
This job might be for you if:
- You possess high energy and despite the extra work it may take to really get to know your audience, you can easily motivate and energize others to get involved.
- You pay attention to the details. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch. You are able to delegate to others and help the team stay on task.
- You can problem-solve like a pro! You love challenges and find creative solutions to overcome them. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You’re a people person. You like to work with others and feed off their creative energy. You enjoy a flexible work environment and a supportive team culture. You feel comfortable jumping on the phone and talking with people you haven’t met.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of your role and truly make a difference
To land this role, you need to have some experience in community organizing and engagement work - having this experience in the political environment is a plus, but not absolutely necessary. You need to be comfortable using social media and Excel spreadsheets. Be sure to let us know where you picked up your engagement super powers somewhere in your cover letter or resume.
TO APPLY >> Send your cover letter and resume to HumanResources@charterschools.org & tell us why you want to be part of our team!