Twenty outstanding educators from all corners of Michigan have been honored as semifinalists for the 2022 Michigan Charter School Teacher of the Year and Administrator of the Year Awards.
Each semifinalist embodies the values that make charter educators unique – the innovation, professionalism and passion that drive success in their classrooms and schools.
There are more than 10,000 charter school teachers and more than 1,500 charter school administrators in Michigan, and hundreds of nominations were received from all over the state. There are educators from elementary schools, middle schools, high schools and online schools. Geographically, they come from rural areas, suburban areas and urban centers in all parts of the state.
After reviewing all the applications, the semifinalists were selected with careful consideration.
The 10 semifinalists for the 2022 Michigan Charter School Teacher of the Year award:
• Tina Craven, Holly Academy, Holly, K-8 intervention coordinator and academic coach
• Amy Dunlap, Michigan Connections Academy, instructional coach
• Asha Glenn, University Preparatory Academy Mark Murray Campus, Detroit, K-4 reading intervention
• Rachelle Harris, Frontier International Academy, Detroit, high school English
• Miranda Honsinger, Arts and Technology Academy of Pontiac, kindergarten
• Megan Nyland, Summit Academy North Middle School, Romulus, middle school math
• Patrick Ritt, Light of the World Academy, Pinckney, grades 4-5
• Tamila Walker, Concord Academy Petoskey, kindergarten
• Jolika Welborne, University Prep Science and Math Elementary School, Detroit, kindergarten
• Tami Zimmer, Success Virtual Learning Centers of Michigan, high school math and physics
The 10 semifinalists for the 2022 Michigan Charter School Administrator of the Year award:
• Mohammed Alsanai, Frontier International Academy, Detroit
• Raihan Akther, Bridge Academy West, Detroit
• Renee Arnot, American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary, Westland
• Sheila Boehning, Michigan Virtual Charter Academy
• Alan Bosker, West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science, Walker
• Mario Lemons, Detroit Achievement Academy
• Tonya Lowry, Uplift Michigan Academy
• Clare McKenna, University Preparatory Art and Design Middle and High School, Detroit
• Septembra Williams, Arts and Technology Academy of Pontiac
• Noah Wilson, Marshall Academy, Marshall
From here, the list of semifinalists will be whittled down to five teacher and five administrator finalists, who will be announced later this month. The winners of the 2022 Michigan Charter School Administrator of the Year and Teacher of the Year awards will then be announced in May.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think